Essay on The Book that has Changed Your Life - Patashala9

Thursday 25 December 2014

Essay on The Book that has Changed Your Life

The Book that has Changed Your Life

The book that changed my life is "Wings of Fire". It is the autobiography of A P J Abdul Kalam, former President of India. It was written by Dr. Kalam and Arun Tiwari.

When I was in 6th class, my father gifted me this book on my birthday. To succeed in life and achieve results, you must understand and master three mighty forces - Desire, Belief and Expectation. I followed his words and started learning new things with a great desire.

Learning without wisdom is of no use. I focused on my studies. In every examination, I stood first in my class. I have belief in God. I tried to do my best, later I left the result to God. I understood that everyone should set some goals. To achieve those goals we need to work hard.

My goal is to became an IPS officer and serve people. Life is a valuable gift given by God. We should have some identity in this world. Abdul Kalam's words inspired me a lot and has changed my attitude and behavior. I thank my father for giving me such a wonderful gift that has changed my life.
- J Sravani, Class VIII, Pratibha Techno School.

There is a book which played a major role in my life. It is SWAMI VIVEKANADA’S life history. There is an adage “A GOOD BOOK IS A GOOD FRIEND” which states the importance of reading books and the role played by books in our lives. There is also a saying by A.P.J Abdul Kalam “one can learn by oneself only by reading different books”.

According to me, one can make one’s life perfect by reading books because one can be inspired by successful stories and can know the path of success by reading failure stories. So one can get better by reading books.

Swami Vivekanada’s book was the best book in my life. I learnt many things like austerity, methods to gain knowledge, social service and many other things a human being needs in his life. There is an incident that made me realize the importance of austerity. When swami attended a party as a chief guest he wore a simple dress. No one expected him to be SwamiVivekananda and people at the gate stopped him from entering the hall.

He returned back to his room and dressed himself royally and only then the people invited him inside the hall. That was the time for dinner and swami was feeding dinner to his dress which shocked the people. At last a few of them asked swami the reason for his action. It was then swami told the people the importance of austerity”. We can judge rice by testing one grain, we can judge the person by number of books he read.
-Vanam V S R Pradhyumna, Class VIII, Oxford High School, Hanamkonda, Warangal. Source:TheHansIndia

Pages